Control & Automation
CSLs Automation and Control Division provides turnkey PLC, HMI, SCADA, Telemetry, Control Panel, Energy Monitoring and Automation solutions.
The need for automatic control, data logging and reporting is becoming more necessary with new more stringent water regulations. CSL have highly qualified engineers who can provide PLC systems, electrical control panels, standalone and web based SCADA systems, and HMI systems for control, data acquisition, reporting and alarming. CSL can offer modern automation solutions for new plants or for upgrades to existing plants for water and wastewater treatment plants.
- Diagnosis and fault resolutions for automation systems (emergency breakdowns).
- Commissioning and designing plant upgrades (utilising existing assets) for optimising processes such as Chlorine Residual Control Systems, RGF (Rapid Gravity Filter) control and energy monitoring.
- Commissioning and designing wide area telemetry networks using UHF radio and fibre optics.
- Electrical design – cable schedules, MCC design.
- Smaller control panels are designed and built in house.
- Development of documentation such as O&Ms, FATs, SATs, FDSs, I/O schedules and method statements.
- Performing thermal image surveys on the control panels & MCCs
- Design and implement M2M and IoT solutions that allows enterprises connect their machines to the Internet.
- Implement Peak-Energy Demand Saving Systems (systems which limits the running time of the equipment during the day time when energy costs are high).
- Optimised pumping solutions for foul sump cleaning, foul pumps anti-clogging and automatic scouring of the delivery line.
- Automatic alarming systems (SMS or Email) for breakdowns of critical equipment.
- VSD upgrades, installation and repair.
CSL’s in-house PLC experience covers all the best known PLC / SCADA manufacturers including:-
- Allen Bradley (Rockwell Automation)
- Honer APG
- Schneider Electric (Telemecanique)
- Motorola MOSCAD