IREX is a fast response sinter-free, fully featured infrared gas detector that produces an mV Wheatstone Bridge output as used on conventional pellistor based systems.
IREX is a fast response sinter-free, fully featured infrared gas detector that produces an mV Wheatstone Bridge output as used on conventional pellistor based systems. Designed to allow easy upgrading of existing pellistor based fixed point gas detectors. IREX replaces old pellistor heads by simply mounting on the original junction box and connecting to the original cable. The IREX concept enables upgrade to dual-wavelength IR gas detector technology without incurring the very significant costs associated with replacing the control system and re-installation.
- IREX consumes less than 1W of power – ensures compatability with a wide range of control systems
- Complies with EN60079-29-1
- Employs sophisticated systems and algorithms – ensures reliable operation at all times
- T90 response time of less than 4 seconds – rapid indication of hydrocarbon gas hazards
- Optical components are treated with a STAY-CLIR coating – prevents partial obscuration in condensing atmospheres
Easy to maintain
- No adjustments are necessary at the detectors, zero and span adjustments (if required) are performed at the control panel only – saves significant time and cost
- Test can be applied remotely via a tube to the standard weather cover
- Sinter-free operation – unlike a pellistor sensor, there is no risk of a sinter becoming blocked