The new XgardIQ, our most intelligent fixed-point gas detector, increases safety by minimising the time operators must spend in hazardous areas.
The new XgardIQ, our most intelligent fixed-point gas detector, increases safety by minimising the time operators must spend in hazardous areas. This versatile transmitter and gas detector has a range of features that protect engineers and support facilities managers. Available fitted with a variety of flammable, toxic or oxygen gas sensors.
XgardIQ is an intelligent and versatile gas detector and transmitter compatible with Crowcon’s full range of sensor technologies.
Providing analogue 4-20mA and RS-485 Modbus signals as standard, XgardIQ is optionally available with Alarm and Fault relays and HART communications. The 316 stainless steel are available with three M20 or 1/2″NPT cable entries.
Easy and safe to use
- OLED display – Bright, clear display indicates gas level and detector status even in dark locations
- Non-intrusive calibration – Zero and calibration functions are performed via the display and keypad, without the need for a hot-work permit or any special tools (e.g. no magnetic wand required)
- +ve Safety indicator – Confirms the detector is operating safely at a glance
- Event log function – Stores all alarm, fault and maintenance events
Simple installation and maintenance
- Hot-swap sensor modules – Sensors can easily be replaced using one hand without requiring tools or a hot-work permit
- Auto-configure function – Detects when a sensor module is plugged-in and uploads the appropriate gas type, range, units and alarm levels
- Smart Bump and Speedy Bump test functions – Enable sensor health and response to be verified quickly and easily using test gas. Process is automated and provides a reminder when a bump test is due
- Calibration due warning – Reminds the user when calibration is due to ensure that sensors remain operational and accurate at all times
- Sensor range selection – User can set the full-scale range of the sensor via the display menu according to site or specific location requirements