The following job positions are available:
Due to continued expansion, CSL is currently recruiting for a Graduate engineer at our head office in Carlow. This is a full time and permanent position and is an excellent opportunity to gain experience within a well-established company working in the water industry.
Reporting to the Service Manager, this individual will be required to work on their own initiative based upon daily tasks and duties as part of a collaborative team in the service department. Training and ongoing team support always on hand. This position provides exposure to all engineering disciplines. The Service department carry out small projects and refurbishments in the water sector including Civil, Mech, Elec and Automation works. The role has Mechanical and Electrical content so a graduate in either discipline will be considered.
- Preparation and sending of quotes stemming from service reports or customer requests.
- Checking/sizing/writing specification for equipment to issue to suppliers.
- Resolving on-site operational/process issues through design and engineering solutions.
- Sourcing materials and suppliers
- Liaising with relevant staff, suppliers, & clients and building relationships
- Technical sales/service support to existing and new customer base
- Liaising with H&S Officer in relation to sequence of works required on site and H&S documentation
- Supporting the service department as required to ensure deadlines are met and the smooth running of the department
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3rd level Qualification in Engineering/Technology
- Knowledge of the water industry is an advantage but not essential.
- Excellent IT skills, interpersonal skills & communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong administration experience.
- Ability to work on their own initiative while working alongside a supportive team.
Gas Detection – Field Service Engineer
CSL is a leading supplier of electrical and mechanical services to the Water, Pharma and Food industries. Our gas detection equipment helps protect people’s lives in treatment plants, industry, hospitals, emergency services, landfills and Local authorities. Due to increasing demand for our services, we are now recruiting a Field Service Engineer for gas detection equipment to join our growing team. CSL are the exclusive agent for Crowcon gas detection in Ireland and we also service a wide range of other systems.
Are you an electrically qualified Field Service Engineer looking to work for a market leading company which will see you receive specialist training? In this role you will service, repair and maintain gas detection equipment and also carry out new installations as they arise.
Salary & package: Full time permanent position, Home based, Competitive salary + Company Vehicle + 25 days holiday
Would suit someone living in the Laois/Kildare/ midlands for ease of countrywide travel.
- Carry out preventive maintenance and calibrations to agreed schedules and quality standards.
- Commissioning & installation of instruments to agreed timescales and product specifications.
- Produce timely, detailed and accurate service reports via a tablet-based App.
- Manage consignment and car stock inventory optimally
- Form strong positive relationships with our customers and our service team.
- Electrical qualification, preferably qualified Electrician.
- Experience of having worked as a Field Service Engineer very desirable but not essential.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written, with the versatility to communicate at all levels in a clear and concise manner in English.
- A professional approach to your work and communication with colleagues and customers.
- A good level of IT competency
- Must have the ability to work on your own initiative and be flexible.
Stores / Administration Person
Permanent full-time position based in Carlow office.
The ideal candidate will have previous admin/stores experience. This role includes working with Mechanical / Electrical components for the water industry; therefore, a background in the Engineering discipline is desirable.
- Procurement of parts for service work/stock.
- Receipt of all Goods In.
- Maintain stores stock levels.
- Preparation of parts and requirements for planned service visits.
- Packaging of various equipment and dispatch of Goods Out.
- Dealing with suppliers/customers.
- Office Administration – Strong IT skills.
- Procurement and tracking of PPE requirements.
- Monitor vehicle data.
- Electrical or Mechanical background is an advantage but not essential.
- Manual Handling Certificate.
- Good aptitude with excellent attention to detail.
- A flexible team player.
- Ability to work under pressure when the need arises.
- Highly computer literate.
- Good telephone manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and multi-task.
Individuals must be industrial electricians with at least 4-5 years of experience post apprenticeship. Positions are Industrial Electricians in Water/Wastewater sector.
Potential candidates must have the ability to work on their initiative or as part of a team with minimal supervision. The role is a mixed variety of maintenance works and small installations.
A full clean driver’s licence is required.
The Chargehand will manage a small crew to install projects on-site and assist with tasks such as ordering materials and site logistics. They shall use a working knowledge of industrial electrical systems to carry out new installations and conduct maintenance/fault-finding on existing systems. The Chargehand will also actively work on the tools each day to complete the tasks at hand.
This role comes with induction training, a competitive salary package, company vehicle, and phone.
- Install new plant items; wire in control panels, pumps, Instrumentation, etc.
- Carry out electrical and Instrumentation service, commissioning, maintenance, and repair to various equipment and instrumentation types.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of on-site issues on control panels and an assortment of equipment.
- Resolution of defects identified from Periodic Inspections.
- Installation, testing & commissioning of Generator changeover switches (3 phase).
- Installation, testing & commissioning of Power Meters & CT’s, Variable Speed Drives, Soft Starts, Instrumentation, etc.
- Field wiring & panel terminations.
- Control Panel installation (Form 4).
- Wiring of IO to ICA Panel Sections.
- Panel commissioning & testing.
- Instrument commissioning & testing.
- Motor commissioning & testing.
- Liaison with the Contracts dept. and client of findings and recommendations.
- Report writing, record keeping etc.
- Provide the highest level of customer service.
- Must be a fully qualified electrician with industrial experience 3 phase power.
- Fully competent at following control panel schematics.
- Competent at tracing control circuits where ‘As Built’ drawings do not exist.
- Site mark up of Panel Schematics.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of the water/wastewater process is desirable but not essential.
- Full clean driving licence
Experienced PLC / Automation Engineer
Permanent full-time position based in our Carlow office with the option for remote working if preferred. Salary: negotiable dependent on experience plus company vehicle.
This role is suited to an Automation Engineer who has a strong demonstrable PLC background, strong interpersonal skills and has a proven track record in the industry and an ability to work under pressure.
The role is predominately office based with requirement to attend site during commissioning phases. The major part of this role involves PLC programming and SCADA development.
The work will involve tendering, design and installation of projects in water, wastewater and industry. The Automation Engineer shall design program and commission projects from initial Control philosophy development to site handover.
- Managing automation projects personally from initial brief through design, development of FDS, programming, FAT’s, commissioning and providing all support and documentation to other departments and client.
- Control, development and modification of software on a variety of PLC systems.
- Design of automation systems and networks.
- Liaising with all other departments to ensure project delivery on time and to quality standards.
- On-site support for project installation and emergency call-outs
- Minimum of 3 years experience in PLC solutions with a min of 2 of the following (ABB, Schneider, Allen Bradley, Siemens, Omron, Mitsubishi or Motorola)
- Experience of automation of electronic instruments and drive networks,
- Demonstrable experience in controls systems design and application
- Knowledge of all Microsoft office applications
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledge of water and wastewater treatment industry
- Customer focused
- Excellent time management skills with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Clean Irish driving license
Salary: negotiable dependent on experience plus company vehicle.
- Provide support to the Project Manager.
- Liaise with suppliers to obtain quotations ensuring full specification compliance.
- Prepare technical submissions and reports for Client approval.
- Generate contract programmes of work.
- Monitor and update the progress of projects against the Contract Programme.
- Schedule resources and contractors to ensure the delivery schedule is met.
- Prepare Method Statements and Risk Assessments for upcoming works.
- Implement the Project Quality Control procedures.
- Financial tracking of projects and reporting.
- Site liaison and with cub-contractors and Client Project & Resident Engineers.
- Site surveys and generation of works packages.
- Maintain and update the Site Safety Files ensuring full compliance with current HSA regulations.
- Attend site for safety audits, project supervision
- Update drawings for construction with vendor packages.
- Document control for all aspects of the Contract.
- Maintain a variation and change order log.
- Compile the O&M Manuals.
- The role will involve both office based work and frequent site visits. The office location is in Co. Carlow with site visits varying depending on the contract.
- Minimum of 3 years Mechanical / Electrical Engineering experience which will have been in a Project Engineering role.
- Knowledge and experience of the water and wastewater industry (not essential, but an advantage)
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD with the capability to update drawings for construction and to coordinate between vendors and contractors.
- Knowledge and experience of plant design, construction and commissioning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of managing contractors and sub-contractors for the delivery of projects.
- Strong technical, delivery and commercial skills.
- Demonstrate a pro-active, practical & flexible approach to work.
Graduate Electrical Engineer
Salary: negotiable dependent on experience.
- Electrical Project Management
- Assistance to Electrical Design manager and Snr Electrical Engineer
- Assistance to the Tendering Team for all electrical aspects of works
- Procurement, liaison & management of sub-contractors and in-house electricians and commissioning Engineers
- Site supervision of same
- Procurement of Control panels, cabling ……etc
- Development of Electrical RAMS,
- Development of Commissioning Plan, Electrical Test Packs and handover documentation
- Site visit for assessment of electrical infrastructure at existing works.
- Attend Client Design Review & Contract Progress Meetings
- Single Line Diagrams
- Control Panel Schematic – development and review & approval of vendor packs
- Cable Calculations and specification
- Low voltage systems,
- Cable Schedules
- Cable Block diagrams
- Racking and Routing Drawings
- Termination Schedules, Loop diagrams.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Clean Irish driving license.
Health and Safety Officer
- Implement the company’s health, safety, quality and environmental policy, procedures and management systems
- Ensure compliance with Client sites Health & Safety policies & procedures
- Drafting and communicating Method Statements, Safe Plans of Action and Tool Box Talks
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees
- Conduct regular inspections and site audits, reporting findings to site and senior company management. Strict follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately.
- Ensure all accidents and near misses are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Client, Company Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required
- Compile information and prepare the Safety File at the end of the project
- Must hold a minimum of a Health & Safety Diploma.
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of Irish Health & Safety and Environmental legislation and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working preferably with service provider/M&E contractor.
- Possess excellent IT skills and communication.
- Proven ability to successfully implement and execute programmes and drive high performance
Job Type, Benefits
- Full time, Permanent with great career prospects
- 25 days Holidays
- Company Vehicle
- Flexible hours and location